Follow these steps if you lose power to your garbage disposal:
- The first step to troubleshooting issues with your garbage disposal is to make sure the switch that powers it is in the off position.
- Look inside your garbage disposal and remove anything that may be obstructing it, clogging it up, or preventing it from functioning properly.
- After you have looked inside, turn the switch on for a moment. If you hear a humming sound, then you know that the problem is with your disposal, not your power.
- If you do not hear any noise when you flip the switch, then try and find the reset button that is on the bottom or side of the disposal. Press the switch and try again.
- If this does not work, find the breaker that controls your disposal and reset it to see if this fixes the problem.
If you do not know how to do this, you will need to learn How To Reset Circuit Breakers.
If you still have not fixed the problem, you will need to consult with an electrician.